Monday, January 19, 2009

the only difference is your location

Yesterday was a mellow day, and I needed that because my head was really cluttered and disorganized...kind of like the buick.  The difference between riding and being on the ground is simply your location.  Feedback from one scenario can be applied to the other.  I have been feeling a pit in my stomach about riding, eventhough I have been doing a little of it every day.  I realized that while riding, I am feeling his RB as soon as it enters his body, while online, I am missing it until he is mentally and emotionally already well on his way.  So, naturally, I wasn't feeling comfortable in the saddle because he is going RB every 30 seconds! It has made me aware of how much I'm missing on the ground.   We rode through it using patterns and keeping the feet moving, and I was able to recreate the exercise that really stretched us earlier last week.  We did much better.  Great focus on my part allowed us to have a pleasant ride, even with ups and downs.  Great focus once I return to the "real world" can keep the journey positive, progressive, and natural.  Using the natural power of focus is a human responsbility.    
We played with some finesse on the hill playground, and I got great mobility in the ribs and a good banana topline.  Tequila fatigued a little quickly, but offered me all the building blocks, so I was really happy.  It was great to actually analyze my finesse.  Since it's my most comfortable Savvy, I tend to go on feel, but that sometimes doesn't allow me to recognize where I'm blocking him specifically.    
   Yesterday, I went shopping.  I spent too much money ;0  but I got a sweet pair of cowboy boots, and a pair of Wrangler jeans that are super comfortable, and stretchy.  Apparantley there is an RCC western store in Milwaukee also.  My sis and I will be hitting that up when I get back.  Anybody up for a road trip for some Cowgirl gear?  

1 comment: