Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It rained all day!

I know, I know, the weather is still worse in WI, so I won't get any sympathy.  The mornings are classroom, simulations, etc. so we stayed dry, though we still had to feed, clean pens, and console our soggy ponies this morning.  We have been isolating our core muscles every day with the exercise balls, and I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow!  In the afternoon, I was scheduled to play with patterns and purpose, but I skipped it for the Bit Savvy that was in the classroom.  Tequila was not into playing in the rain, and neither was I.  I got some great info though, and lots of questions answered about the Cradle bridle, and more developments in bridling.  Afterwards, the rain actually stopped, so I ungeared my horse, and we had a fun, though a little adrenaline filled session on the 45ft. line in the playground.  My biggest realization today??? I MISS MY HORSE!  I don't nearly see or play with him enough, and I can't continually escape to FL in order to do that.  So, Tequila (and Lady and Ben and Napoleon)  I am recommitting.  As John Barr said today, take care of your horsemanship and it will take care of you.  Speaking of faculty...We have great instructors!  A class of 11 Level 3/4 students get to have Avery, Berin, Jesse, and Terry Sprague all available to us throughout the day.    

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all of the things you are learning....Sounds like a Gretchen and Lori clinic is in order. :) Committing right along with you...p.

    ReplyDelete