Friday, January 23, 2009

Doh! I missed it again!

It was the finale of our Natural Performance course today.  Linda came and had an open QnA session.  She's so awesome!  It just blows me away how hard she and Pat work to develop PNH for us.  They have become really good at utilizing their network of family and support, delegating while keeping the program close, always looking for ways to innovate PNH, and still progressing with their horsemanship.  When I look at my struggle to keep my cup full, and I see how Pat and Linda have made that a priority for themselves, I am inspired.
I missed myself making an assumption again today with my horse.  It is so hard to train yourself to recognize that denial stage before it turns into chaos.  What it comes down to is honoring my horse.  In our horsa-personality groups, I've found it helpful to allow myself to be proud of the aspects of being a RBI.  I need to recognize my horse's needs, whatever they may be in the moment.  Rather than seeing him as having a problem, and trying to make him more confident about this or that, I must remember his only problem is with my leadership!  The positive traits of his horsenality are what keep him meeting me at the gate every morning.  Awesome!  
In our LB moments, we've been playing with the steps towards laying down, and Spanish walk.  He picks his feet up so high!  Gorgeous!  
 

1 comment:

  1. You've been tagged to play MeMe,
    if you want to play.
    list 8 random things about yourself, and then tag 8 other people. Come and see my list on my blog :) .

    Kinda a chain type thing but it's fun. *Shrug*

    ReplyDelete