Thursday, January 22, 2009

it's ballroom dancing night...

And I will be participating.  It's not like I dislike these things.  I know I will have fun once it gets going, but somehow, my draw to them doesn't grow.  It's the same deal with simulations with other people.  I guess I have a big bubble unless you're my husband or my animals.  But it's a good crowd to get into each other's bubbles with!  
Today was lead change day, and we put together all the parts we've been developing this week.  Tequila and I rode in the demo this morning.  It went great.  He was light, happy in the bridle, upright, and very "cute" says the crowd.  We played with all the pieces, and can see where we need to fix it up now.  
I am so looking forward to online week!  I have been playing with his RBE needs and it has taken less and less time every day to prepare for riding.  Today, he actually seemed happy to be able to move out on the 45ft. and came quickly to a point where he wanted to connect.  I can see how handing over his responsibilities at faster speeds is going to be so beneficial. 
Today we had a horsemanship QnA with Avery and Kristi, and on Tuesday, there was a Parelli QnA that Pat actually hosted.  There's lot's of changes, of course, but really for the better.  Auditions sound like they will be more fun and accurate.  The Savvy Club will really be a valuable learning tool, and the instructor development program more diversified.  I have no doubt that quality will not be compromised in these changes.  I can't really divulge any details, but it will all come out soon on the website.  
     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment