Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It was great...if you like that sort of thing

I had one of those days, where I was left on the playground in the late afternoon, wondering if I was competent enough to get my pony back to the pen. And..I do like that sort of thing. I pay good money to be sent to the edge of my comfort zone and stretch it. As Pat and Linda are my leaders, I have to remember that Tequila is waiting for me to be his. Still waiting...The most easily led, willing, compliant horse ever is forever performing for me. A follower and a follower can end up going a lot of places together; safe places anyways. At the edge of both of our comfort zones, however, we're both RB extroverts careening through our emotions. I will be playing with the handing over of leadership. If I offer him 51%, does he trust himself enough to take it? Does he trust me enough to believe that I mean it? Do I trust myself to make these leadership choices? Oh today was a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment