Thursday, January 15, 2009

going forward

Say what??  Tequila a right brain extrovert?  Come again?  I opened my eyes to it, stopped making assumptions about him and there he was, needing to move his feet, be focused, and given a pattern.  The whole shebang.  Yesterday I saw it, today I allowed him to be it.  It was uncomfortable for me, it was new territory for the relationship, and it was liberating for him.  An unsolicited look from my horse carries weight because I know he is seeing me as I have seen him...without a filter, as we are in that moment.  SO!  On a lighter note, I hope you are all well, and not frozen.  I am hiding in the computer room blogging because I didn't want to participate in the ballroom dancing class in the lodge.  Not my thing, being the right brain introvert that I am;)
Looking forward to the weekend because I have so much to digest already!              

4 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your comments. I can see that there is something deep going on, but I can't really grasp it. Good to see you both grow... and go dancing, you might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even doing this post is outside of my comfort zone, but here goes. First, Cass is doing just fine--I just keep putting food in front of him and he seems to appreciate it. I am staying inside--where the furnace will not heat the house to more than 60 degrees, wrapped in a blanket and watching every Savvy Club DVD I have ever received. Obviously there is a much deeper level her than I ever imagined and I MUST FIND IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gretchen...thank for sharing your incredible journey. I am excited every day to read about your experience. It is quite moving. And, good for you and Lori to be gone at this time of -22 degrees! The horses have frosty eyelashes! I agree with Carlos...go dancing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear about your journey and inspired to hear you are learning so much. Come back filled to the brim! Rose and Diva

    ReplyDelete